Hunter Tournaments include 8 sections.
Quads and Future Masters: 3 rounds
Championship, Reserve, Primary, Juniors, Booster, 2-3 Novice, K-1 Novice: 4 rounds.
- Quads [Grade: K-12, Rating: Over 1700]
- Future Masters* [Grade: K-12, Rating: Over 1400]
- Championship* [Grade: K-12, Rating: Over 1000]
- Reserve* [Grade: K-10, Rating: Under 1200]
- Primary* [Grade: K-3, Rating: Any or unrated]
- Juniors* [Grade: K-1, Rating: Any or unrated]
- Booster* [Grade: 4-8, Rating: Below 800]
- 2-3 Novice (Not Rated) [Grade: 2-3, Rating: Below 700 or Unrated]
- K-1 Novice (Not Rated) [Grade: K-1, Rating: Below 700 or Unrated]
Trophies: Based on number of players in each section.
- Game/75 (Game 70/5 second delay) in Quads & Future Masters.
- Game/60 (Game 55/5 second delay) in Championship.
- Game/45 (Game 40/5 second delay) in Reserve, Primary, Booster & Juniors.
Registration & Fees:
- Online Registration (All Sections): closes at 12:00 noon the Saturday before the event.
- On Site Registration: no longer available for the Future Masters and Quad sections.
For all other sections, On Site Registration is available and closes 15 minutes before the start of its first round.
Late registrations will be accepted for the first round at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
No Phone Entries.
$45 for online registrations; $40 for HCCS students; $35 for HCCS students in the
Novice sections: $55 on-site.
$25 discounted entry fee for Quads (1700 rating required, below 1700 pays full $45 entry fee).
$10 discount for successive siblings (1st child registered pays full price; subsequent sibling registrants are eligible to claim "sibling discount"). Not applicable for Quads entrants.
Scholarships are available upon written request by parent, coach or teacher.
Produced in association with NSCF: The National Scholastic Chess Foundation, www.NSCFchess.org